If you are hunting for methods to earn a good amount and you love driving your vehicle, then you should ponder upon making money with Lyft.
Lyft was initiated in 2012 and earned more than $2.2 billion (revenue) in 2018. Of course, that pretty much depicts the success of the company. The driver of Lyft earns money by providing car ride services that require driving themselves to the locations that people want to go to.
How is Lyft a better option for riders? [Making Money with Lyft]
So, why is Lyft considered an appealing and better option as compared to the service of a local taxi? Well, as per recent research, Lyft is quite inexpensive compared to the rates of local taxis. Plus, several riders find the services of Lyft more customized than the local taxi.
If we talk from the driver’s viewpoint, then getting a job as a Lyft driver is quite simple and can usually be achieved within 48 hours, while on the other hand, getting a taxi driver job is a meticulous process. However, that doesn’t depict that driving with Lyft entails higher risk – the firm entails its safety measures that protect both riders and drivers, for instance, strict standards of vehicle, passenger and a driver system of rating, background checks, and DMV (department of motor vehicles).
Moreover, they believe in following a policy of zero-tolerance for drivers when it’s about drug and alcohol use. And if you are making up your mind about driving Lyft, then below we have mentioned some of the best tips for making money with Lyft for your assistance.
1. Prefer a fuel-efficient car
Certainly, if you spend minimal money on gas as a driver of Lyft, then you will be able to save that money. Opting for a vehicle that is fuel-efficient will help you in transporting riders for a lesser amount. Plus, your fuel efficiency will be maximized during driving as well. Few people consider this as hypermiling, but you don’t have to think about that.
You can look into the following mentioned easy rules for maximizing the fuel efficiency of your car.
- Avoid unwanted, extra weight in your trunk or car
- Prefer driving at a moderate speed – don’t brake instantly or excel instantly
- Reduce air-conditioning use whenever practicable by making use of a sun protector for a cooler vehicle interior or prefer parking in the shade
- Make sure that tires are nicely inflated
- You should be aware of the fastest routes to any location
- Ensure proper vehicle maintenance and follow daily oil changes and tune-ups
When you can achieve maximized fuel efficiency, then you consume minimal money on gas –and it makes your vehicle sustain for a prolonged period.
2. Multiple earnings through Personal Power Zone
Making money with Lyft can be made easier by Personal Power Zones. They are a great method to earn a greater amount as a Lyft driver – especially through earning ride bonuses and searching for areas that have high demand.
- As soon as a bonus on Personal Power Zone starts accruing, a driver is assured that particular money after their next service
- Personal Power Zones are accessible, depending on the demand of passenger
3. Use peak hours to the best advantage
Most of the time, when it comes to rates and Peak hours, it differs from city to city. However, in most places, they are usually similar hours regularly and match with commuting times. (Estimated 5 to 9 am and 3 to 7 pm).
4. Maintain a high driver rating
- Prefer being considerate and courteous, it will help you earn greater tips
- Your results should be maintained at a higher level and that too in bigger tips and good reviews of customers
- Be punctual – if you are going to reach at a later time for whatsoever reason, inform the rider beforehand
- Keep one thing in mind– prompt services are a way to make customers satisfied and it increases your chances to earn more as well
- Be aware of the fastest routes to the destination
5. Method of cashback on regular grocery
When you buy something through your Lyft debit card, you will get a 1 percent cashback along with a fuel-efficient vehicle on your daily grocery shopping at the chosen marts. To know about the eligible grocery stores within your location, go to the Rewards tab in the app of Lyft Direct (for Android and iPhone).
6. Choose to drive within a city
Compared to rural or suburban areas, big-city drivers are usually busier. A greater volume of rides depicts more tips, drop-offs, and pickups. While if we talk about the city, then a driver can drive rather instantly from a particular job to some other and it’s simpler to search for another one close by.
7. Earn more with Ride Challenge
- With the help of Ride Challenges, you just have to complete a particular number of rides within a certain period
- Such kinds of challenges can be seen in the Driver app when the week starts. Pus, Ride Challenges can assist you in planning when to ride.
8. Provide rider extras to passengers
As per several Lyft blogs, you tend to get good tips and reviews when you add in “extras” for riders in the vehicles. Few extras aren’t able to make a great difference, but some others do impart greater value to the experience of passengers. Hence, this can be a good tip for making money with Lyft.
A few choices for such upgrades and extras consist of:
- Inexpensive snacks for instance candies or gums
- Automatic phone chargers for Apple and Android phones
- Availability of tissue boxes
- Prefer having small water bottles
9. Take proper sleep
This is a helpful recommendation for all the workers out there. Nevertheless, proper sleep is important for the safety of others and riding for a greater chunk of hours all day. Being a driver, it’s your responsibility to stay energetic and alert every time.