Are you tired of your betterment account and are thinking of taking it down or want to deactivate it? At times it can be hard to manage a betterment account and a person is compelled to think about how to close a betterment account? Well, if you are such a person then you have landed on the right platform where you can know how to close a betterment account in simple steps. Even if you are planning to deactivate it; we will let you know how to do it without involving any complex steps.
There can be many reasons why someone wants to delete or close their betterment account but the top one is email spamming by the company. Most people are just tired of the spam email which they receive every day from the company.
Even though the company helps you in managing your investments through the betterment account, still it becomes a headache. You can always close your betterment account as all of your assets and other securities are strictly under your ownership in your portfolio so you don’t have to worry about that. Most of all, the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) is liable to protect all the betterment accounts whether active or inactive.
How to close a betterment account?
It is advised that before you close your betterment account, you remove all the existing funds from the account.
To close your betterment account, follow these simple steps:
- Open the browser and log in to the betterment account that you wish to close
- After opening it, tap on the settings
- When the settings are open in front of you, click on the account you wish to terminate
- Now, you have arrived at the specific investment account that you are trying to close, therefore click on the three dots visible on the right-hand side.
The notable thing here is that the account can only be closed and not be deleted permanently. The only way to delete your account is to send an email directly to the company’s address. You will email a request to permanently delete the account from the database to get rid of it without any trace.
For deleting the account permanently, follow these simple steps:
- First of all, you need to open up the email account which is registered with the betterment account or the website.
- Compose an email and you need to put the email address [email protected]
- Now for the subject, you will write “request for deletion of my betterment account”
- Next, you have to compose an email in which you will request betterment.com to delete your account from the database along with removing every information they have regarding your assets.
You will receive an email in return for the requested email from the [email protected] email address, where they will let you know about the deletion of the account permanently and wiping off of the data from their database. Now you have closed your betterment account as well as wiped off the data with it as well.