Children need extra care whenever it comes to their health and education. The Florida Child Health Insurance Program aims to cover the healthcare needs, and provide comprehensive family-centered care to the children.
There are certain criteria on which the Florida Child Health Insurance Program is based. These criteria include:
- Children should be over 13years of age and are eligible to get healthcare facilities under the Medicaid
- Should be under 19 years of age and are eligible for Florida Children Health Care Program
- Should have the specific reason to opt for medical health insurance, and require ongoing care and extensive medication.
Children who meet the criteria for Florida Child Health Insurance can also have the opportunity to enroll in any of the four Medicaid health insurance plans listed below:
- Children’s Medical Services (CMS Plan)
- Florida Healthy Kids
Each of these health insurance plans has different eligibility criteria to meet, such as
- CMS plans cover the children from birth to 19 years. The children must meet the requirements to be eligible for the plan.
- Medicaid follows the same criteria as the CMS plan does
- MediKids aids children under 4 yrs.
- As far as the Florida Child Health Insurance Program is concerned, it covers the medical health coverage for children, aged between 5 to 19 years
To qualify for any of the insurance coverage, the families also need to meet a certain criterion, i.e. the household size and income level must match the federal poverty level (FPL).
The families have to apply for enrollment in the Medicaid program, then they will know which plan they would be qualifying for, to get the benefits.
It is also important to remember that there is no possibility for a child to qualify for each program, if a child has been qualified for a certain program. It also depends on different agencies that determine the eligibility of a child to qualify for a program. Also, every program offers different coverages. Some (not all) come with premium and copayment coverages.
Services of insurance plans
The Florida Child Health Insurance plan facilitates children and parents by providing them with different services. Each service is specially designed to keep the need of the child in consideration. However, these services are determined by the health plan your child has enrolled in.
How to apply for a Florida Child Health Insurance plan?
Technically, Florida Child Health Insurance Program accepts the application throughout the year. You don’t need to attend an interview at any state.
Simply visit FloridaKidcare and apply for the application online.
To submit your application in writing, you may need to mail the application and documents to,
- Florida Kidcare
- P.O.Box 980
- Tallahassee, FL 32302-0980
To fax your application and documents, contact – 1-866-867-0054
Or email the scanned documents with your application to [email protected]
What services can you get?
Services that Florida Child Health Care covers include:
- Check-ups & shots
- Doctor visits
- Behavioral health
- Dental services
- Vision impairments
- Hearing disorders
- Emergency services
For any other information about the insurance programs, eligibility options, healthcare programs, and payment-related details, you should visit the official website of Florida child health insurance.